Friday 22 June 2012

The Seven Day Weekend

Well, today the sun is shining, it is about 22 degrees celsius and Jerry, three dogs and I are all sharing this 34 foot RV.  That's right, we are puppy sitting our daughter's two, two pound Chihuahuas as well as our Bo.  Thankfully, everyone is polite and agreeable so we havent had any territorial fights over best places to sit.

I awoke at four am this morning to discover that the sun was already on its way up!  I rose early, went to town to pickup the 'twins' and came back with a list of chores.  By noon, they were all done and I have the rest of the day to relax and enjoy the sun.  Yesterday at this time, a lovely Elk lady strolled through our grassy area beside the RV, stopping to snack a little on the green delicacy.  She looked up at me, seemed to nod and even smile I think, then continue on her way.  I feel like a resort Elk Starbucks.  She was so shiney and fat, a gorgeous ungulate, cud chewing socialite in her prime.  I am also sure she was with calf the way her belly swayed and swelled.  She also had the 'Mommy brain' thing going on, you know the one?  Where the world could collapse and she wouldnt be bothered, because she was pregnant?  I've been there, bought the maternity smock a couple of times myself.

Later in the evening, last night we went out to help my Brother in law get his boat on the trailer, and saw even more Elk.  I think they may have been the same ones from the other night.  I'm beginning to notice slight differences between each of them I see.  I think these two are about two years old, one male and one female, (the baby horns were my first clue, the rest is obvous had I thought to look).  Its going to be very hard to leave them behind when we come back to the city.

I think we will go down by the water later this afternoon.  The beach is not far away and it's so peaceful there.  By the weekend, it will be crowded with tanners and swimmers, so this will be my last solitary meander to fill my lungs with negative ions until the fall.  Oh, well, I've brought a box of great books, my computer and a good lawn chair so there will be no lack of things to entertain my little brain back at the campsite. 

Yesterday I made gluten free brownies in my microwave!  They were deliscious and rose perfectly.  Yummy.  I didn't know you could do that in a microwave, so maybe there is some magic up here.  Now I'm going to make some lunch and then find a quiet spot in the sun and ponder my good fortune until its our beach time.

May your days be blessed, your fortunes be many and may love and other losses keep you anchored in this reality we call living.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you again for a wonderful post. It's been a rough couple of days in my world and I really needed a reminder to gather in the world with my five senses. Mmmm! I can smell those brownies (you do realize you used the word 'magic' in the same paragraph?). :)

    ReplyDelete